[ncl-talk] output of dgeevx_lapack

Andy awmiller at mit.edu
Mon Feb 20 13:57:05 MST 2017

Hello,
I am running NCL version 6.3.0 on a Linux (Ubuntu) machine with a bash
shell. I am trying to use the dgeevx_lapack function for the first time.
The documentation includes an option to calculate reciprocal condition
numbers. Enabling that option will not lead to any error messages, but I
also can't find the result of that calculation. Running the command in
the following three versions:

evl = dgeevx_lapack(M,"N","V","V","N",False)

evl = dgeevx_lapack(M,"N","V","V","E",False)

evl = dgeevx_lapack(M,"N","V","V","B",False)

for any given matrix M results in variables evl that contain the same
number of values and are seemingly identical otherwise, too.

How can I access the reciprocal condition numbers? Is there another ncl
function I should use?

Thanks for your help,
Andy

--