[ncl-talk] Sub: EOF

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 2 11:04:34 MDT 2016

Your questions are vague. You must be clear.
We don't have the time to determine what you mean.
Our time is valuable too!

===
As noted in the documentation, the sign of the EOF is **arbitrary**.

You previously asked for the data set used in

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/eof.shtml
Example 2

NCL matches the result at  http://meteora.ucsd.edu/~pierce/eof/eofs.html

If another software tool has different signs for the patterns. No big deal.

The NCL examples include results/examples from text books. NCL matches them
exactly.

Really, if as you say,  "Results from ncl not consistent with results from
other programming language" , then please use the other languages.