[ncl-talk] attached zonal plot

Buzan, Jonathan R jbuzan at purdue.edu
Wed Nov 2 14:44:44 MDT 2016

Hi NCL,

I am attempting to plot zonal means of my two sets of data.  However, every time it tries to plot the zonal means, even with the same trXMaxF and trXMinF, the zonal plots do not match on the same grid (see attached).  Is there a way to fix this?

-Jonathan

ex. plot lines.

  zres at trXMinF              = 0.      ; Could also use gsnZonalMeanXMinF
  zres at trXMaxF              = 3.      ; Could also use gsnZonalMeanXMaxF
  zres at trYMinF              = -57
  zres at trYMaxF              =  57
  zres1 at trXMinF              = 0.      ; Could also use gsnZonalMeanXMinF
  zres1 at trXMaxF              = 3.      ; Could also use gsnZonalMeanXMaxF
  zres1 at trYMinF              = -57
  zres1 at trYMaxF              =  57

    plots = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,tmp_var(:,:),res)
    plots1 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,tmp_var1(:,:),res2)
    plots1  = gsn_contour_shade(plots1,minshade,maxshade,opt)
overlay(plots,plots1)
  zonal_id1 = gsn_csm_attach_zonal_means(wks,plots,tmp_var1(:,:),zres)
  zonal_id2 = gsn_csm_attach_zonal_means(wks,plots,tmp_var(:,:),zres1)
[cid:1D9532AA-ECDC-42AF-AA83-BD649287567F]