[ncl-talk] making a non-square .png plot

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 30 17:41:07 MDT 2015

Hi Gary,
Using the gsnMaximize resource it is possible to fill an 8.5 x 11 area
if you create PDF or PS output. But PNG output can only ever fill the
largest square inside the specified rectangle. So cropping after
creating the plot is the only way to get what you want.
We are aware of this problem and have been looking into what is needed
for a fix.
Rick Brownrigg may have more to say about this issue.
 -dave