[ncl-talk] making a non-square .png plot

Gary Bates - NOAA Affiliate gary.bates at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 30 15:23:31 MDT 2015

Hi,
I'm trying to make a panel plot for a .ppt presentation, which I'd like to
have a width and height of 11 x 8.5.   Unfortunately, ncl wants to make
square .png plots.

I can make a non-square frame by specifying the number of pixels for height
and width like:

     wks_type = "png"
     wks_type at wkWidth  = 1100
     wks_type at wkHeight =  850

But this gives me a lot of white space around my plot.   I there a way to
make a non-square .png so that it fills the frame more completely?   Or is
the only solution to make the plot and crop it later?

Thanks,
Gary

--
Gary Bates