[ncl-talk] label bar boxes

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 24 13:22:43 MDT 2015

If  I understand your question, there's no way to get interior box lines
with *only* the boxes that have labels. NCL wants to put a box around every
color, or else a box just around the perimeter.

I assume what you are asking for is something like tickmarks for the parts
of the labelbar that have labels?  Just in case, I've added your request to
one of our existing tickets, NCL-190.

You can get just the outline of the labelbar by setting:

res@ lbBoxSeparatorLinesOn = False

You need to have NCL V6.2.0 or later for this to work.

--Mary