[ncl-talk] Map_options_error

Sebastian Otarola-Bustos Sebastian.F.Otarola-Bustos.1 at nd.edu
Mon Jul 13 17:07:24 MDT 2015

HI,

I'm doing a vector animation over a map, and for some reason I still don't
know. I cannot see the results because the map is much bigger than my
domain. I also tried to fit these map to the maximum and minimum latitudes
of my domains, but it seems that dont work. I'm showing you my script, any
help would be really appreciated:

   Var        =1

    lat        = wrf_user_getvar(sfile,"lat",-1)

    lon        = wrf_user_getvar(sfile,"lon",-1)

    times      = wrf_user_getvar(sfile,"times",-1)

>     u = sfile->U10

    v = sfile->V10

    u at units ="m/s"

    v at units ="m/s"

    u at lat2d = sfile->XLAT(0,:,:)

    u at lon2d = sfile->XLONG(0,:,:)

    v at lat2d = sfile->XLAT(0,:,:)

    v at lon2d = sfile->XLONG(0,:,:)

    speed   = sqrt(u^2+v^2)

    speed at units = "m/s"

    speed at lat2d = sfile->XLAT(0,:,:)

    speed at lon2d = sfile->XLONG(0,:,:)

minlat =  min(lat)

    maxlat =  max(lat)

    minlon =  min(lon)

    maxlon =  max(lon)

>     dims   = dimsizes(u)

    ntimes = dims(0)

    nlat   = dims(1)

    nlon   = dims(2)

> ;---Set some resources

    res                         = True

    res at gsnMaximize             = True

    res at vcRefMagnitudeF         = 10.0

    res at vcRefLengthF            = 0.05

    res at vcGlyphStyle            = "CurlyVector"

    res at vcMinDistanceF          = 0.025

    res at vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF = 0.01

    res at vcLevelSelectionMode    = "ExplicitLevels"

    res at vcLevels               = ispan(0,20,5)

    res at mpMinLatF         = minlat

    res at mpMaxLatF         = maxlat

    res at mpMinLonF         = minlon

    res at mpMaxLonF         = maxlon

    res at mpCenterLonF      = (minlon+maxlon)*0.5

    res at mpCenterLatF      = (minlat+maxlat)*0.5

    res at pmTickMarkDisplayMode = "Always"

    res at lbLabelFontHeightF    = 0.02

   do n=0,ntimes-1
>       wks = gsn_open_wks("png","animate"+sprinti("%03i",n))    ;
> animate_00.png, animate_01.png, etc
>       gsn_define_colormap(wks,"gui_default")
>       print("Trabajando en el tiempo: " + times(n))
>       res at gsnRightString  = " Velocity(m/s):  "+ times(n)
>       res at gsnLeftString = " "
>       res at gsnDraw = False
>       res at gsnFrame = False
>
>       plotB =gsn_csm_vector_map(wks,u(n,:,:),v(n,:,:),res)
>
>       draw(plotB)
>       frame(wks)
>       delete(wks)   ; Make sure PNG file is closed
>   end do

All the best,
Sebastián.