[ncl-talk] top labels display error

Yun Yue yunyue at huskers.unl.edu
Thu Sep 25 15:35:12 MDT 2014

Hi ,

I wrote a very short code to plot regional map. But when I tried to show the top tickmarks and labels, the upper part of the plot seems be overlaied. I tried to set tmXBLabelsOn = True, tmXBOn = False, it displays bottom things ok. When I set tmXTLabelsOn = True, tmXTOn = False. Nothing displayed on top.

Here is the code and plot.

Anyone knows how to fix that? Thank you.

Yun

   res                              = True
;  SET UP MAP PROJECTION AND LIMITED REGION
   res at mpProjection                 = "CylindricalEquidistant"
   res at mpGridAndLimbOn        = True       ;TURN ON MAP GRID LINE
   res at mpGridLatSpacingF        = 5.0        ;GRID LINE SPACING
   res at mpGridLonSpacingF       = 5.0
   res at mpLimitMode                 = "latlon"
   res at mpMinLatF                     = minlat
   res at mpMaxLatF                    = maxlat
   res at mpMinLonF                    = minlon
   res at mpMaxLonF                    = maxlon

;  COLOR OF CONTINIENTAL OUTLINES
   res at mpFillOn                          =  False  ;turn off map gray fill
   res at mpOutlineOn                   = True
   res at mpOutlineBoundarySets  = "National" ;trun on country boundaries
   res at mpDataSetName              = "Earth..4"   ;choose most recent boundary
   res at tmXBLabelsOn                  = False        ;no bottom labels
   res at tmXBOn                            = False        ;no bottom tickmarks
   res at tmXTLabelsOn                  = True
   res at tmXTOn                            = True
   res at pmTickMarkDisplayMode= "Always"     ;turn on built in tickmarks

   plotb  = gsn_csm_map(wks,res)?

[cid:7fb60125-38b0-46ac-b4b8-2bfd3f29f3dc]