[ncl-install] ncl error while initiating

Srinivasa Ramanujam sramanujam.k at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 05:36:43 MDT 2021

I have downloaded preinstalled binaries of ncl. It was working fine for the
past 1 week. When I tried executing ncl from the terminal in my Ubuntu
system today, it is showing the following error:

ncl: /home/sramanuj/models/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/lib/libz.so.1: version
`ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng16.so.16)

I think the error has got to do with some environment variable. But I
checked LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and it is correctly set
to /home/sramanuj/models/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/lib as it was earlier
also, when ncl was working fine. What could be the issue now? Any help will
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Srinivasa