[ncl-install] Fwd: HDF5 to NETCDF conversion

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 12 08:39:50 MDT 2015

The 'ncl_convert2nc' command is issued from the *nix command line ...
not from interactive NCL

%> ncl_convert2nc 3DIMG_01OCT2013_0700_L2B_SST.h5

---
FYI: the 6.1.2 version of NCL [released February 7, 2013] has only
partial HDF5 capabilities. Handling multiple HDF5 group structures
would be problematical.
---

Send a sample file to

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
email
cd incoming
put 3DIMG_01OCT2013_0700_L2B_SST.h5
quit

Send email *after* successful transfer of the file.
We can not look at /ftp/incoming so always include the exact file name.