CEDAR email: Workshop at CEDAR 2023: Interconnections between STEVE and other subauroral phenomena

Bea Gallardo-Lacourt (GSFC-675.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA] bea.gallardolacourt at nasa.gov
Wed May 31 13:31:11 MDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to the CEDAR Workshop “Interconnections between STEVE and other subauroral phenomena, and their impact on the magnetosphere-ionosphere-thermosphere system” on Wednesday, June 28 at 10 am – 12 pm PDT.

Our two-hour session will be divided in three parts. The first 30-minutes would be dedicated to bringing the community up speed on STEVE-related research. We will have two fantastic speakers teaching us about measuring and modeling STEVE, SAIDs, and the sub-auroral region. The next hour will be dedicated to a discussion with a panel of experts around a very simple question: Are we ready to measure SAIDs faster than 5km/s?. We will end the session with a highlight of students' research.

The full agenda can be found here: https://cedarscience.org/workshop/2023-workshop-steve-mit-phenomenon

We invite the community to join us in the discussion of STEVE and sub auroral science!

Cheers,

Bea Gallardo-Lacourt
Gareth Perry
Carlos Martinis