CEDAR email: Meeting Announcement - Space Weather Enterprise Forum (SWEF)

Irfan Azeem - NOAA Federal irfan.azeem at noaa.gov
Mon May 22 12:10:59 MDT 2023

Please consider distributing the following meeting announcement to the
CEDAR community:

****** SAVE THE DATE ******
Space Weather Enterprise Forum

June 22, 2023

We are pleased to announce NOAA’s National Environmental Satellite Data and
Information Service (NESDIS) is organizing the 2023 Space Weather
Enterprise Forum on June 22, 2023 in Washington, DC on behalf of the
Interagency Council for Advancing Meteorological Services (ICAMS). This
year’s theme is “Harnessing Partnerships to Meet the Challenges of Extreme
Space Weather.”

We are preparing a slate of space weather policy and technology experts to
explore this year’s theme. The forum will:
I. Provide updates on the progress toward addressing the mandates outlined
in the Promoting Research and Observations of Space Weather to Improve the
Forecasting of Tomorrow (PROSWIFT) Act
II. Discuss vulnerabilities of our technological infrastructure to space
weather impacts III. Support actions being taken to prepare for and respond
to space weather impacts
IV. Highlight partnership opportunities between the government, commercial,
and academic stakeholders
V. Highlight the outstanding gaps and challenges yet to come as we approach
the solar maximum phase of solar cycle 25

The Forum brings together a blended audience of space weather experts from
both research and operations, space weather users from the public and
private sectors, academia, international
representatives, and policymakers. If you know someone who should be a
space weather information user who doesn’t know it yet, please forward this
message to them. One of our objectives is continuing outreach and education
to raise awareness of space weather effects on systems and humans and to
provide information on available services.

Online registration is open. Register by 11:59 PM EDT on June 1 for
in-person attendance. Remote attendees can register through June 16.
Further details can be found on the meeting website.
https://cpaess.ucar.edu/meetings/space-weather-enterprise-forum-swef

--
Irfan Azeem, PhD
Chief, Research to Operations and Project Planning Division (ROPPD)