CEDAR email: CEDAR poster judging v2

Zettergren, Matthew D ZETTERGM at erau.edu
Mon May 22 08:00:15 MDT 2023

CEDAR colleagues,

We still need quite a few more judges for both MLT and IT poster sessions (original email below).  Please consider volunteering if you have the time on Tuesday or Wednesday — having a good number of judges insures that we are able to review all student posters with multiple folks without burdening everyone with too many assignments.  Thanks for your consideration!

Thanks also to everyone who has already volunteered.  You’ll be hearing from me over the next few weeks with additional details and assignments.

Cheers,
-MZ

The 2023 CEDAR workshop student poster competition has a very large number of posters this year and the head judges would like to request volunteers for poster judging activities.  The posters are split into mesosphere lower thermosphere (MLT) and ionosphere-thermosphere (IT) categories and we typically ask each judge to review 2-4 posters from one of those categories in addition to participating in deliberations to select winners for that day.  The judging process begins at noon on Tuesday or Wednesday of the workshop (depending on MLT vs. IT) and usually lasts roughly until dinner time so it is a substantial time commitment but also a very rewarding experience and important part of the workshop.  Judges typically serve for one of these days and should be able to mostly schedule their judging responsibilities around needs to attend specific workshops on that day.

If you would like to participate in the judging please email Matt Zettergren (zettergm at erau.edu<mailto:zettergm at erau.edu>) and indicate your preference of MLT vs. IT or which day you are available.  If possible also indicate a basic area of expertise (e.g. “thermosphere modeling” or “radio instruments” etc.) to help us with the assignment process.  Thank you very much for your help with this!

Sincerely,
-Matt Zettergren (on behalf of this year's head judges)