CEDAR email: CEDAR workshop: Assimilative Mapping of Geospace Observations (AMGeO) Tutorial and Interactive Demos at 1-3pm MDT on June 21 (Friday)

Tomoko Matsuo tomoko.matsuo at colorado.edu
Mon Jun 14 17:59:18 MDT 2021

Dear CEDAR community,

We would like to invite you to join our CEDAR workshop session on Assimilative Mapping of Geospace Observations (AMGeO) Tutorial and Interactive Demos at 1-3pm MDT on June 21, 2021 (Friday). During the workshop session, participants will learn how to use AMGeO interactively on the JupyterHub environment via a web browser for different use case scenarios. We encourage interested participants to make a user account at https://jupyterhub-amgeo-colorado.net/ in advance. Note that you will be able to login at the start of workshop session.

AMGeO (https://amgeo.colorado.edu/) is a collaborative data science platform developed with support from the NSF EarthCube program for the geospace science community for bringing together a diverse set of heterogeneous geospace observations (e.g., SuperDARN, AMPERE and SuperMAG) to obtain complete maps of high-latitude ionospheric electrodynamics for scientific discovery and space weather research. The platform is made of the Python open-source software and web application services that facilitate the data acquisition and pre-processing steps that are otherwise prohibitively labor-intensive. AMGeO helps accelerate your data science processes by streamlining data access, collection, pre-processing, integration, and analysis stems and by transforming raw data into discovery enabling forms with nice visualization. See more information at http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2021_Workshop:AMGeO

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Tomoko MATSUO <tomoko.matsuo at colorado.edu<mailto:tomoko.matsuo at colorado.edu>>
Liam Kilcommons <liam.kilcommons at colorado.edu<mailto:liam.kilcommons at colorado.edu>>
Willem Mirkovich <willem.mirkovich at colorado.edu<mailto:willem.mirkovich at colorado.edu>>

--