CEDAR email: 2021 Workshop : IT Storms Near Solar Minimum

Thomas J. Immel immel at ssl.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 14 16:17:48 MDT 2021

Dear CEDAR community,

We invite you to attend and participate in the workshop entitled “IT Storms Near Solar Minimum” at the 2021 CEDAR Workshop. This session is at 10 AM - 12 PM Mountain Time on Wednesday June 23, 2021. Further info is here :

http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2021_Workshop:IT_storms_near_solar_minimum

We solicit participation and short presentations (via Zoom) on the topic of geomagnetic storms and disturbances occurring during solar minimum. The unique conditions occurring during solar minimum, including the most recent occurring in 2019-2021, provide isolated cases of storm and substorm onsets in the background of strong preconditioning by the lower and middle atmosphere. Discussion of observations during the recent minimum, or variations in storm forcing over time are welcome. Modeling efforts that focus on differences in geospace responses over the solar cycle provide another useful investigative path. Observations from new spaceflight missions may reveal new behaviors that are favored during low solar EUV flux conditions.

Please consider contributing and begin by sending your name and science topic to the conveners so that we can be sure your presentation is part of the agenda.

Thank you, and we hope to see you next week!

Thomas Immel (immel at ssl.berkeley.edu)
Asti Bhatt (asti.bhatt at sri.com)
Carlos Martinis (martinis at bu.edu)

Thomas Immel