CEDAR email: Workshop announcement: Equatorial space physics and space weather

David Hysell dlh37 at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 8 10:33:56 MDT 2021

Dear CEDAR Community,

We are cordially inviting you to participate in our session titled
"Equatorial space physics and space weather" which will be held on
Thursday, 6/24/2021, from 1300-1500 MDT during the 2021 CEDAR Workshop.

The challenge in equatorial aeronomy and space weather is the conversion
of our knowledge of the fundamental physics at work into actionable
strategies for forecasting and mitigating space weather effects. We will
meet the challenge by disseminating information about the fundamental
physics and the experimental and modeling/ computational methods
available for aeronomy research at the magnetic equator. The inherent
questions will be addressed through a format involving presentations,
Q&A, and discussion. The resources needed (ground- and space-based
instruments, theory, models) are largely in place but need further
promotion, another objective of the workshop.

For more information, please visit our session description page:

http://cedarweb.vsp.ucar.edu/wiki/index.php/2021_Workshop:Equatorial_space_physics_and_space_wx

We look forward to seeing you at the virtual CEDAR 2021.

David Hysell and Marco Milla

--
David Hysell, Professor
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences