CEDAR email: Undergrad Convened Special Session at AGU

Bering, Edgar A spacephy at Central.UH.EDU
Mon Jul 19 15:47:47 MDT 2021

Hello all,

The Undergraduate Student Instrumentation Project at University of Houston would like to draw your attention to our upcoming session at the AGU Fall Meeting.

Session Title: ED045. Undergraduate Student-Led STEM Research: Promoting scientific research collaborations between students, scientists, and engineers.

Abstract submissions are open until August 4

The details of the meeting are still being determined, but authors will be able to present in person or online. The meeting will be held from December 13 -17, 2021 in New Orleans.

The session details and abstract submission link is below: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/122489<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/122489__;!!LkSTlj0I!WabBREuAPYLQY-f7Sqe2MAvK_5ro9KEa53WM0P-Qk_NKsDG5fuERdyBoNdSxrFrlpCA$>

Session Description:

This session invites presentations about authentic undergraduate research experiences led by STEM students. We seek papers on successful multidisciplinary projects that provide research experiences for students and mentors. Increasing student-led research collaborations enriches professional development for the next generation of STEM professionals. Support from scientific organizations, government agencies, universities, and colleges developing collective, successful research initiatives has a positive effect on cultivating effective leadership skills. We invite presentations focusing on the development of scientific instruments exploring STEM topics. The paper should highlight the work of undergraduate students and their research facilitators. This session also welcomes papers about programs funding initiatives aiming at making undergraduate research collaborations more effective, supportive, and accessible. Topics may include student outcomes, lessons learned, and/or strategies and approaches to these initiatives.

Thank you

Gar Bering and the USIP UH Team