CEDAR email: Helio2050 Pre-Workshop Discussion on Data Science Continues April 19

Ryan Michael Mcgranaghan Ryan.Mcgranaghan at colorado.edu
Thu Apr 15 09:51:36 MDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The Heliophysics 2050 Workshop
<https://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/helio2050/> is quickly approaching (May
3-7), and we are convening pre-workshop discussions to make sure
the community is being heard to guide the field over the next three
decades.

Our pre-workshop discussion on the *theme of 'Heliophysics Data Science'*
will continue Monday April 19 at 3 PM EST. The goal of these sessions is to
synthesize the scientific priorities in this field and discuss ways in which
data science can contribute to transformational research across Helio and
Earth sciences.

Please feel welcome to drop in as you can, even if you cannot attend the
entire session. We strongly encourage *asynchronous* contribution as a way
to be more inclusive, so *please add your thoughts on the topics (or add
new topics) at any time* (https://tinyurl.com/helio2050-ds).

Pre-registration is requested at this link
<https://forms.gle/fnaBFU56SNmBmSQL9>, from which a Zoom link will be
provided.

The structure of this meeting will be to review comments on the TOPICS and
to develop a vision.

Looking forward,
Ryan McGranaghan *on behalf of*
Asti Bhatt