CEDAR email: IAGA-IASPEI 2021 - Session on "Advances in Mid, Low Latitude and Equatorial Aeronomy"

Yosuke Yamazaki yamazaki at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Apr 16 05:06:58 MDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The abstract deadline for the IAGA-IASPEI 2021 meeting (22-27 August 2021) is extended to 30 April 2021.

Please consider submitting an abstract to our session (D4) on “Advances in Mid, Low Latitude and Equatorial Aeronomy”.

Abstract submission link: http://iaga.conferenceindia.in/delegate_abstract_login.aspx <http://iaga.conferenceindia.in/delegate_abstract_login.aspx>

Description: Ionospheric electrodynamics at equatorial and low latitudes is controlled by the forcing from the lower atmosphere including the effects of SSW, tidal, planetary, and gravity waves; and by the forcing from the magnetosphere through penetration of disturbed time electric fields and neutral winds. The session focuses on the behavior of ionospheric phenomena occurring at equatorial to low latitudes including equatorial ionization anomaly, plasma irregularities, plasma bubbles and blobs, F3-layer, pre-reversal enhancement, etc., with the particular emphasis on the electric fields and current systems associated with solar quiet (Sq) and equatorial electrojet. Recent multi-instrument and multi-site observations, as well as, theoretical and simulation studies have advanced our understanding of these phenomena. Although this has substantially improved our current understanding of the ionospheric electrodynamics during quiet and disturbed periods, solar eclipse, solar flare, and sudden stratospheric warming events, there are still some outstanding questions and challenges, which need to be addressed. Presentations are solicited that focus on the physical understanding of these processes through observations and numerical simulation modeling, and unresolved problems therein.

Best regards,
Geeta Vichare, Paulo Fagundes, Venkatesh K., Michael Pezzopane, Y. Yamazaki (conveners)