CEDAR email: Call for abstracts: Traveling Ionospheric Disturbances Driven from Above and from Below

Meng, Xing (US 335G) xing.meng at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 13 12:17:04 MDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to bring to your attention the following AGU session co-organized by SPA-Aeronomy and Geodesy:

Session Title:
Traveling Ionospheric Disturbances Driven from Above and from Below

Session Description:
This session will focus on the identification and source differentiation of traveling ionospheric disturbances (TIDs), which are frequently observed in the ionosphere at all latitudes and longitudes. TIDs can be driven from above by solar and magnetospheric disturbances, or driven from below by lower atmospheric and surface forcing, including but not limited to tropospheric weather events (hurricanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms, and tropical cyclones), earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, explosions, and spacecraft launches. TIDs generated from different types of sources may exhibit similar or different characteristics in their spatial and temporal scales, periodicities, propagation speeds and directions. It remains a challenge to distinguish TIDs from different types of sources in ionospheric observations. We solicit theoretical, observational, and modeling contributions on better understanding of the origins, generation mechanisms, and characteristics of TIDs. In particular, we welcome innovative approaches to identify and differentiate TIDs generated from various sources.

Link to the session and abstract submission:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/103017

We look forward to seeing your submission.

Best regards,
Xing Meng, Kate Zawdie, Jihye Park, and Jeffrey Klenzing