CEDAR email: AGU Education Session

Bering, Edgar A spacephy at Central.UH.EDU
Wed Jul 8 10:17:09 MDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to ask you if you would be interested in giving a virtual Education presentation to the AGU Fall Meeting? The session is
Session Title:
ED035. Virtual and In-Person Educator and Student Research Programs Promoting Authentic Scientific Experience
Session Description:
We invite presentations of experiences, models, and outcomes of successful initiatives that provide authentic research experiences for students and educators at all levels from elementary school to undergraduate education. We especially encourage programs that have successfully adapted to new social distancing measures and online models of doing research within a new global context. We encourage submissions from research participants (students and educators) as well as research facilitators including organizers, leaders, and staff. Presentations was include overcoming challenges with virtual engagement, best practices in engagement challenges, and tools that allow maximum engagement. Other topics may include recruitment strategies, mentoring, student outcomes, development of new tools for research, evaluation results, and lessons learned from past efforts. Presentations are welcome from all scientific disciplines.

Here is the link for abstract submission (deadline: July 29th 2020):

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/105282

Thanks

Gar Bering