CEDAR email: AGU Session: Ionospheric and Atmospheric Responses to Earth's Surface Disturbances

Meng, Xing (335G) Xing.Meng at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 5 14:43:26 MDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

We would like to bring your attention to a 2017 Fall AGU session co-organized with SPA-Areonomy and Natural Hazards: Ionospheric and Atmospheric Responses to Earth's Surface Disturbances. Please see the description below. We welcome your contributions to the session.

Session ID#: 22581
Session Description:
This session will focus on the coupling between the solid Earth/ocean and the atmosphere during natural and manmade disturbance events, including, but not limited to, earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, meteor impacts, and explosions. We solicit theoretical, observational, and modeling contributions on the atmospheric responses to these events, from the troposphere up to the ionosphere. Such responses can be perturbations in neutral atmospheric pressure and density, airglow emission, total electron content, and so on, which have been captured by a variety of ground-based and space-based observations. We welcome studies addressing the detection and early warning of natural hazard events with advanced atmospheric monitoring techniques. The session opens to potential extra-terrestrial applications as well.

Best regards,
Xing Meng, Elvira Astafyeva, Lucie Rolland, and Shingo Watada