[ncl-talk] ncl regrid a variable with time, lev, lat, lon dimensions

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 13 09:45:27 MST 2018

Hi Adriana:

Are you using outputs from MPAS?  I do not understand that you initially
have a 3D array. However, since your original script is working, I suggest
that you use the weight file (the one that is called Opt at WgtFileName =
"MPAS_2_Tripolar.nc" in regrid_11.ncl) and use the function
ESMF_regrid_with_weights, etc...

That way, you can loop over the individual levels much faster. Would that
work?
Laura

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 5:37 AM <adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr> wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I was using regrid_11.ncl script for make a regridding several files
> from (O,9x1.9) grid to another one of (1.9x2.5). Here the variables in
> the files are 3D, now I have a file which have 4D and I don't know how I
> should make the same regridding (latxlon) taken into account the
> lev/altitud dimension.
>
> I don't realize how can I do this? there is any script for use as an
> example?
>
> Could you please guide me trough this
>

> Thanks
>

> Adriana
> --
> Adriana Bossolasco
> LPC2E UMR 7328 (CNRS, Université d'Orléans)
> 3A avenue de la Recherche Scientifique
> 45071 Orléans Cedex 2 - FRANCE
> Tel  +33 (0)2 38 25 52 85
> e-mail: adriana.bossolasco at cnrs-orleans.fr

Laura D. Fowler

Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division (MMM)
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000

e-mail: laura at ucar.edu
phone: 303-497-1628