[ncl-talk] questions about WEB Mercator map projection

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 12 10:47:12 MDT 2018

Hi,

No, as you note, NCL does not support WEB Mercator. I am not familiar
enough with the projection codes to advise how/where to make modifications.
However, you might find the following document useful -- it details the
differences between Mercator and WEB Mercator, showing the relative error
between the two.

Good luck!

http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/wgs84/web_mercator/%28U%29%20NGA_SIG_0011_1.0.0_WEBMERC.pdf