[ncl-talk] support for netcdf4 in ncl_convert2nc

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Wed Apr 11 11:36:00 MDT 2018

Is there a plan to include regular netcdf4 as an output option in
ncl_convert2nc?
At the moment ncl_convert2nc forces netcdf4classic which doesn't do a
particularly good job on compression (in some cases).
I edited my local version of the shell script and it seems like it's only
about 4 extra lines, possibly less.

Also is there a way to override the suffix change to nc4 and keep the
regular nc (aside from editing the actual shell script)

p.s. I'm impressed with how fast ncl_convert2nc is compared to the
eccodes--grib_to_netcdf

Thanks,
Alan