[ncl-talk] Errors while trying to plot IAGOS data. Only the contour map plot, but the data is missing.

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 27 10:34:11 MDT 2017

You will never be able to contour the O3_PM variable from this file
because it contains only fill values:

ncl 0> f = addfile("IAGOS_timeseries_2013101819404151.nc","r")
ncl 1> printMinMax(f->O3_PM,0)
(0) Ozone mixing ratio (0.000000001) : min=-9999   max=-9999

Presumably this is what the attribute "availability" means: no valid
values for this variable.

Also for some reason your variable "var" contains only a single value.
There is no way to make a contour plot with only one point even if it
were a valid value. Since the only dimension in the file is a time
dimension, maybe this data set would be better displayed as a time
series x-y plot.
 -dave