[ncl-talk] Errors while trying to plot IAGOS data. Only the contour map plot, but the data is missing.

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 27 11:41:39 MDT 2017

You stated:  "I tried solving but couldn't get it"
Please look at the output from your commands.
The  output is  for *you* to look at.

----

More on David's comment ...

re: GOLDEN RULE OF DATA PROCESSING...

*LOOK AT YOUR DATA*
You used:

   var = f->O3_PM(0)   <==== the reads only the 1st value [index (0) ]

Variable: var
Type: double
Total Size: 8 bytes
            *1* values           <=== *one value* ... how do you contour
one value?

---
The min & max are _FillValue. Look at the output from your script.

(0)    min/max var = -9999/-9999
---
Even if you read  the entire *time  series* ... all values are _FillValue

   var = f->O3_PM    ;   entire series
   printVarSummary(var)

Variable: var
Type: double
Total Size: 63024 bytes
            7878 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes:   [UTC_time | *7878*]    <=========
Coordinates:
            UTC_time: [70841..106359]
Number Of Attributes: 8
  standard_name :       mole_fraction_of_ozone_in_air
  long_name :   Ozone mixing ratio
  comment :     Measured by MOZAIC package
  units :       0.000000001
  missing_value :       -9999
  _FillValue :  -9999
  scale_factor :         1
  availability :         0

print ("min/max var = " + min(var) + "/" + max(var))
*(0)     min/max var = -9999/-9999*
---

It should be plotted as a time series not as a contour plot.