[ncl-talk] Errors while trying to plot IAGOS data. Only the contour map plot, but the data is missing.

najib.yusuf at carnasrda.com najib.yusuf at carnasrda.com
Wed Sep 27 08:16:23 MDT 2017

  Dear Sirs,

  I try to plot contour map of O3_PM variable from .nc IAGOS file but I
am getting strange errors, I tried solving but couldn't get it. Kindly
assist to guide. Attached is the file and the IAGOS.ncl as script.Thank
you.

  The summary of the print var is;

  Variable: var
Type: double
Total Size: 8 bytes
             1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes:	[UTC_time | 1]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 9
   UTC_time :	70841
   standard_name :	mole_fraction_of_ozone_in_air
   long_name :	Ozone mixing ratio
   comment :	Measured by MOZAIC package
   units :	0.000000001
   missing_value :	-9999
   _FillValue :	-9999
   scale_factor :	 1
   availability :	 0

Variable: var
Type: double
Total Size: 8 bytes
             1 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes:	[UTC_time | 1]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 9
   UTC_time :	70841
   standard_name :	mole_fraction_of_ozone_in_air
   long_name :	Ozone mixing ratio
   comment :	Measured by MOZAIC package
   units :	0.000000001
   missing_value :	-9999
   _FillValue :	-9999
   scale_factor :	 1
   availability :	 0
(0)	-9999
(0)	min/max var = -9999/-9999
fatal:MeshScalarFieldInitialize: Insufficient number of elements in
sfDataArray
fatal:Unable to initialize layer-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
warning:Unable to add DataItem "(null)" to DataList "cnScalarFieldData"
fatal:CompileDataList:DataList has no valid members
warning:ContourPlotSetValues: cnLevelSpacingF value causes level count
to exceed maximum: using AUTOMATICLEVELS mode
ncl 48>

Thank you

Najib