[ncl-talk] ESMF_regrid on unstructured regional mesh

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 13 11:47:09 MST 2017

Hello:

I would to regrid data that are originally on an MPAS unstructured
mesh but limited to the tropical channel. Longitudes span between 0
and 360 degrees, but Latitudes span between 21S and 21N. I would like
to regrid the data on a 0.1 deg x 0.1 deg rectangular mesh.

I have use ESMF_regrid extensively to regrid MPAS data using the
"global" unstructured mesh but not using a "regional" unstructured
mesh. Is it possible to do this using ESMF_regrid? Do I need to use
SrcRegional and DstRegional since the source, destination, and weight
files will not be created from global data?

Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler