[ncl-talk] ESMF_regrid on unstructured regional mesh

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 14 09:03:42 MST 2017

Hi Laura,

Yes, you want to set:

opt at SrcRegional = True

and/or

opt at DstRegional = True

if your source and/or destination grids are regional.  I think all this
does internally is not treat the longitudes as going all the way from 0 to
360.

Depending on how you are doing things, you can also use DstLLCorner /
DstURCorner to further limit the area that the regridding occurs in.

For example, if you are regridding source data that falls only over the
tropical regions, but you tell it to regrid to a 1 degree grid, then the
regridder is going to regrid to a *global* 1 degree grid by default. This
could take needless extra time, because it will try to regrid to areas
where you may not have data.

To restrict the area of the 1 degree grid, you can set DstLLCorner /
DstURCorner to something like:

Opt at DstLLCorner       = (/ -30.,   0.25d/)
Opt at DstURCorner       = (/ 30., 359.75d/)

--Mary