[ncl-talk] Vertical Cross-section on a rectilinear grid with "degrees-north" units

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 21:44:01 MST 2017

Hi:

You requested:

Dear Barry Lynn
Kindly send me that ncl script that can do the following for wrfoutput
1.extract the upper level variable
2.interpolates it from z coordinate to pressure coordinate with a given
vertical cross section
3.plots the data spatially.for example i want to do this for CAPE

I have included a script that extracts radar from a specialized radar
program.  You can adapt it to map whatever variables you want.  The program
plots in z coordinates -- the WRF is already in Sigma coordinates (see
example).  It could probably be adapted to output data in pressure
coordinates.  I believe there are CAPE functions you can access among the
NCL programs, but I am not sure they have output in the vertical coordinate.

Barry