[ncl-talk] Triangular mesh interpolation routine

Yu, Hao-Cheng danishyo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 01:41:00 MDT 2017

Hi everyone

>From website, I know there're lot of routines to do triangular plot and
regriding.
Since plot can be made by predefined FE mesh by specified sfYArray,
sfXArray & sfElementNodes.
I will assume there must be some interpolation routine for FE mesh, but I
can't find this on website.

Is there any 2D interpolation routine we can use directly by specifying
above 3 vars with desired output XY points?
For example, assume this routine called "tri_interp".
Pre-defined FE mesh var are X,Y,ele, field to interpolate is ZZ, output
points are outX, outY.
Then we can get output points value by
out_interp=tri_interp(X,Y,ele,ZZ,outX,outY)

For regular grid, like linint2_points can provide similar function and
efficient.
Just wonder, is there any similar function for uninstructed grid except
Natgrid package (which will be quite time consuming if FE mesh is large)?

Dan