[ncl-talk] help replicating warning in v 6.4.0

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Mar 22 13:34:58 MDT 2017

Hi Will,

I'm to blame for the changes to ref_line_interp, and it's likely there's a
bug you've found that I need to fix.

Can you provide the script and data if possible?

It looks like there may be a conflict between whatever Y array you are
sending to gsn_csm_xy and the reference line (gsnYRefLine).  This doesn't
make much sense to me, so a script and data would be really helpful.

Or, yes, you can try changing these three lines around line 206 in
gsn_csm.ncl:

          xinterp(j,i+num_crosses+1) = x2d(j,i)

          yinterp(j,i+num_crosses)   = ref1d(j)

          yinterp(j,i+num_crosses+1) = y2d(j,i)

to:

          xinterp(j,i+num_crosses+1) = (/x2d(j,i)/)

          yinterp(j,i+num_crosses)   = (/ref1d(j)/)

          yinterp(j,i+num_crosses+1) = (/y2d(j,i)/)
But, I would still like to know why there's a conflict so I can fix it more
properly.

If you can send script and data, then you can send this offline if you like.