[ncl-talk] Issues plotting multiple polylines and polymarkers

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 19 12:17:45 MDT 2017

Hi Andrew,

Since you are calling the various gsn_add functions inside two nested do
loops, you must have a unique "dum" variable for each iteration of "i" and
"j".

You have a counter_1 and counter_2 variable that is being reset to 0 each
time through an iteration of "i", which causes the previous markers, lines,
etc to be clobbered.

To truly be unique, these counters should be initialized to 0 outside the
"i" loop and not outside the "j" loop.

I think that the use of the special gsSegments resource could be used here
to improve the speed of your script (if it is slow) and make it so that you
don't need so many separate calls to gsn_add_xxxx.  If you can provide me
with the data files, then I can take a stab at this. (You can do this
offline, if you want).

--Mary