[ncl-talk] Issues plotting multiple polylines and polymarkers

Andrew Kren - NOAA Affiliate andrew.kren at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 19 11:33:24 MDT 2017

Dear ncl-talk,

I'm trying to plot storm tracks for a variety of storms, one file for each
storm. My plan was to overplot each track and then draw the plot at the end
after reading all files and tracks. When I do this, I get the error,
"warning:TransformPostDraw: tfPolyDrawList element 868 is invalid". I get a
number of these errors. While my labels plot fine, my lines and markers
don't show up, obviously because of the error.

I looked at unique_string example to avoid this, but couldn't find out how
to correctly implement it, so I decided to create a large "dum" array for
each polyline/marker, but I got the same error. I can't figure out why its
still doing the error even when I'm keeping the id's.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

--
Andrew Kren, PhD
Research Scientist I, Global Observing Systems Analysis (GOSA) Group