[ncl-talk] Daily average from wrfout multiple files

Vanúcia Schumacher vanucia-schumacher at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 19 11:43:15 MDT 2017

Dear NCL users,

Is there any NCL function to calculate the
daily average from wrf output files by each 6 hourly (4 files per day)

I've tried the function below, but it returns the error:
No coordinate variable exists for dimension (Time) in variable (x)

How can I resolve this issue for this data?

files = systemfunc("ls -1 wrfout_d01_20*") + ".nc"
      a = addfiles(files,"r")
      x = wrf_user_getvar(a,"slp",-1)
            printVarSummary(x)
 xDayAvg = calculate_daily_values(x, "avg", nDim, False)

Variable: x
Type: float
Total Size: 67200 bytes
            16800 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [Time | 12] x [south_north | 50] x [west_east | 28]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 6
  description : Sea Level Pressure
  units : hPa