[ncl-talk] Problem: postioning label bar below x axis

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 12 16:32:45 MDT 2017

Hi Dhirendra,
Try adding the following to your script:
cnres at pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = -0.04

pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF controls the vertical position of the labelbar.
For more information:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/pm.shtml#pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF

If that does not fix your issue let the ncl-talk email list know.
Adam

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Dhirendra Kumar <dhirendra.cub at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to use lb label bar resources in order to position the label
> bar below the plot area. The code executes without any error but the color
> label bar overlaps with the longitude axis (x-axis) labels.
>
> I am using following lines to create the label bar
>
> cnres at lbOrientation               = "Horizontal"
> cnres at lbBoxEndCapStyle     = "TriangleBothEnds"
> cnres at lbLabelFontHeightF = 0.014
>   cnres at lbBoxMajorExtentF    = 1.0
> cnres at lbBoxMinorExtentF    = 0.17
>
> can anybody suggest me if there is any available option to customize the
> position of color label bar below x axis. I am attaching the plot for
> reference.
>
> Thanks in anticipation.
> Dhirendra

Adam Phillips