[ncl-talk] NetCDF output file from NCL not opening in GrADS

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 5 16:57:47 MDT 2017

In my view, this question should be sent to the GrADS User forum not
ncl-talk.

Did you look at the created nc file?

%> ncdump  tas_aave_Asia_bandpass30-100.nc  |  less

Maybe try making the 'time' dimension unlimited.

  filo = "tas_aave_Asia_bandpass30-100.nc"
  system ("/bin/rm "+filo) ; remove any pre-existing file
  fo  = addfile(filo , "c") ; open output file
  *filedimdef*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/filedimdef.shtml>(fo,"time",-1,True)
; make 'time' unlimited
  tasmax = xBPF