[ncl-talk] NetCDF output file from NCL not opening in GrADS

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 5 17:07:59 MDT 2017

Hi SB,
Dennis is correct, in that this type of question would be better posed to
the GrADS user forum. However, I have some limited experience with GrADS,
and in my experience GrADS will not open a file unless there is a X
(latitude) and Y (longitude) array present. The arrays do not have to have
anything to do with your tasmax array. Thus, I would recommend writing some
random latitude/longitude arrays to your file along with your tasmax array.

If that advice does not help, I would suggest posing your query to the
GrADS user forum.
Adam

Adam Phillips