[ncl-talk] Help : Error when extracting time from wrfout file

Bill Ladwig ladwig at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 9 10:09:41 MST 2017

Hi Sundar J,

It appears your WRF output files have multiple times per file.  The error
message is complaining about this line:

day = systemfunc("echo "+times +"|cut -c9-10")

Since the times variable is an array that has multiple times, the statement
can't run.  You'll need to do another loop around the code that's parsing
the day, month, year, hr values to handle one time value at a time.

do i = 0, numTimesPerFile-1

    day = systemfunc("echo "+ times(i) + "|cut -c9-10")

end do

Hope this helps,

Bill