[ncl-talk] GOES16 netCDF files

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 08:28:08 MST 2017

I usually download GOES-16 data from the google cloud bucket (https://console.cloud.google.com/storage/browser/gcp-public-data-goes-16/ABI-L2-CMIPF/2017/334/13/?pli=1 <https://console.cloud.google.com/storage/browser/gcp-public-data-goes-16/ABI-L2-CMIPF/2017/334/13/?pli=1>) but the file name convention is not straightforward... However I managed to plot those data.

Cheers
> On 13. Dec 2017, at 16:02, Rick Brownrigg <brownrig at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Do you have a dataset you could share?  I download some data from this site:
>
> https://www.goes-r.gov <https://www.goes-r.gov/>
>
> but not knowing what I'm really looking for, I could not ascertain that it was specifically GOES16. NCL was able to read it.
>
> I should also ask what version of NCL are you working with?
>
> If your dataset is too large to email, you can post it to our FTP site:
>
> http://ncl.ucar.edu/ftp_files.shtml <http://ncl.ucar.edu/ftp_files.shtml>
>
> Rick
>
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 7:35 AM, Tim Risner <trisner at awis.com <mailto:trisner at awis.com>> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am curious as to what the GOES16 netCDF plan is for NCL.
> I've attempted to ingest the new GOES16 netCDF into generic GOES code found on the examples pages, but am getting a variables not found error when attempting to produce an image. Variable not found is "data". I assume this is due to the differences between the GOES16 netCDF files and the older GOES products? or is it just operator error and GOES16 netcdf files should work?
>
> Thanks!!!
>

> Tim Risner
> Operational Meteorologist
> (888) 798-9955 ext 1006 <tel:(888)%20798-9955>
>
>  <http://www.awis.com/> <https://www.facebook.com/AWISWeatherServices/> <https://twitter.com/awisweather>

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista <http://guidocioni.altervista/>.org