[ncl-talk] GOES16 netCDF files

Tim Risner trisner at awis.com
Wed Dec 13 12:02:17 MST 2017

thanks Rick, others.
version is 6.4.0
running on Linux Amazon EC2 instance. x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
testing GOES16 file attached.
I obtained such file from the Amazon AWS bucket system that is now publicly
accessible by the gov't/Amazon.
Information on file lists it as a GOES16 netcdf file.

I assumed I could simply replace the file in the example for GOES 11
example here: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/goes_1.ncl
and all would work if the files and datasets were exchangeable.
Assumptions are likely my problem.

Error output:

fatal:["Execute.c":132]:variable (data) is not in file
(/var/NCL/INPUT/GOES16.nc)
fatal:["Execute.c":6381]:variable (data) is not in file (f)
fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 4 in file
/var/NCL/CODE/testgoes.nc

*Tim Risner*
*Operational Meteorologist*
*(888) 798-9955 ext 1006*