[ncl-talk] The question about the complex demodulation

Nai Suan shif422 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 04:03:02 MST 2017

Dear colleague,
	I have a question about how to explain the phase of the complex demodulation. I found that the phases of the sunspot in the figures 7.9 and 7.11 (see the attachment) in Bloomfield (2000)’s book (chapter 7 complex demodulation) were totally different with the ‘demod_cmplx_1_lg.png (see the attachment)’. Which is right? I believe the original sunspots in two examples are same and the different low-pass filter methods can not be used to explain this difference. How to explain the difference?
	Hope to hear your answer.
	All the best,
Frank