[ncl-talk] function "bootstrap_regcoef"

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 12 15:30:05 MST 2017

I see that the function documentation

	function bootstrap_regcoef (
		*x*         : numeric,    <== parameter 0
		y         : numeric,    <== parameter 1
		nBoot [1] : integer,
		nDim  [*] : integer,
		opt   [1] : logical
	)

allows an 'x' with multiple dimensions.

This is **NOT** correct. (My fault!)

If you look at:

%> less $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/bootstrap.ncl

The actual function is prototyped as one dimensional [*]

function bootstrap_regcoef(*x[*]*:numeric, z:numeric,
nBoot[1]:integer, nDim:integer, opt[1]:logical)

The bootstrap_regcoef examples at

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/bootstrap.shtml

all have the first (0-th) argument as one dimensional.

The documentation has been changed:
    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Bootstrap/bootstrap_regcoef.shtml

====

I note you refer to 'time' as  'year*month' In virtually all NCL
function 'time' is one dimensional.

THX