[ncl-talk] Problem with plotting Indian map

Soumik Basu sbasu at alaska.edu
Fri Sep 2 14:17:19 MDT 2016

Hello NCL users,

I plotted a figure using NCL with Indian state boundaries for a journal
publication. The reviewers want me to draw the whole state of Kashmir i.e.
including the disputed parts. It is a criminal offense in India to show
wrong map of the country.

So, my question is how do I include the disputed parts? Is there any way to
do it in ncl?

I am attaching the map that I have. They want this:

http://www.indmaps.com/images/india.gif

My second question is how can I draw the meteorological sub-divisions of
India over contour plot  in NCL using coordinates from an ascii file. The
ascii file containing the coordinates was prepared for grads I think.

Thanks,
Soumik

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important
thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert Einstein

Dr. Soumik Basu
Post Doctoral Fellow, International Arctic Research Center, UAF, Fairbanks,
AK, USA
Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, Nanjing, China
PhD in Atmospheric Sciences
M.Sc. in Atmospheric Sciences
Email: suvro05 at gmail.com
website: http://soumikbasu.weebly.com/