[ncl-talk] transformation of lat/lon coordinates to Lambert coordinates

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 27 09:33:48 MDT 2016

Hi Gerard,

In NCL versions >= 6.2.1, there is an undocumented interface to the Proj4
cartographic projections library. Its function signature is:

    transform_coordinate(SrcProjStr, DestProjStr, x[], y[], z[])

where the two strings are the Proj4 projection strings, and x/y/z are
arrays of type double. The transformed results are returned in the arrays,
overwriting the original values.

If you are unfamiliar with proj4 strings, send me the details of your
projection (standard parallels, center of projection, etc.) and I will send
back appropriate strings.

Hope that helps...
Rick