[ncl-talk] How to convert TRMM real time binary file to netcdf format

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sun Nov 27 21:07:27 MST 2016

[1] You can read more about the TRMM termination and its replacement the
GPM  (Global Precipitation Mission) by going to:
           https://climatedataguide.ucar.edu

https://climatedataguide.ucar.edu/climate-data/trmm-tropical-rainfall-measuring-mission

https://climatedataguide.ucar.edu/climate-data/gpm-global-precipitation-measurement-mission

[2] NCL's Examples has examples for TRMM and GPM under DataSets under both
HDF and High Res Precip

           http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/

           The GPM example (gpm_1.ncl)  is under High Res Precip. It
provides a sample dump of a hdf5 file with 'groups'.
           See the ncl_filedump. It shows how to read variables within
groups.