[ncl-talk] Trouble with plot (anomalous rainfall) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Griffith Young griffith.young at bom.gov.au
Tue Nov 22 19:56:36 MST 2016

Hello Jose,
                "... when I run my script it just stop and do not save the pdf figure."
                "What could be happening?"

                Almost anything,  There is nothing that I can see that is obviously wrong.  Did you mean it hangs?  Or gives an error?

                I'll assume that it hangs, because otherwise you would have provided the "error" text.  A hang is indicative of an infinite loop or a process that cannot finish ("while true do").  Does this help?

                Your script looks very similar to the examples...
                *             http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/wrf.shtml
                *             http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_contour.shtml
                *             http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_map_overlays.shtml

                So I assume that you are aware of these pages.

                I notice that the link in the documentation for "Examples" is broken:
                *             http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL

                I also notice that "WRF-related questions should be sent to wrfhelp at ucar.edu<mailto:wrfhelp at ucar.edu>", so this might be the next avenue of investigation.

Regards,
                Griff.