[ncl-talk] Accessing Variables in NAM file

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 08:34:39 MST 2016

Hi:

I am trying to access the variables within the nam file I uploaded a bit
earlier.

I used g1print.exe from WPS to make a list of the variables.

rec GRIB GRIB  Lvl  Lvl  Lvl         Time      Fcst
 Num Code name  Code one  two                   hour
   1 130 MSLET  102    0    0  2013-02-08_00:00 + 00
   2   2 PRMSL  102    0    0  2013-02-08_00:00 + 00

I also did a print a and saw:

PRMSL_218_MSL

MY_PRES = nc_file at PRMSL_218_MSL

No matter if I use "PRMSL" by itself or as is, I get this warning and null
print.

warning:Attempt to reference attribute (PRMSL_218_MSL) which is undefined
(0) MY_PRES-2147483647

Thank you for your help in decoding the NAM data.

Barry
P.S. I also have additional warning, but I don't think they are refevant.

warning:NclGRIB: Unknown grib parameter number detected (240, center 7,
table version 129 grib record 388), using default variable name (VAR_240)

--
Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D
Senior Lecturer,

C.E.O, Weather It Is, LTD