[ncl-talk] Accessing Variables in NAM file

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 08:45:49 MST 2016

Barry,
[1] this is NOT a forum designed to help you with general issues: for this you have to read the documentation and the starter guide. Most of your issues can be easily solved if you spend some time researching on your own, especially if you are new to NCL.

[2] Sending multiple email at 1 hour distance for every issue that arises doesn't help. We try to help each other and we can not do that if we are overwhelmed by requests from the same user.

[3] It is not clear what you are trying to do. Presumably you want to plot the pressure at mean sea level height (PRMSL) in NCL by defining a variable MY_PRES in NCL. In this case the correct syntax is MY_PRES=nc_file->PRMSL. If you use "@" you are trying to overwrite the attribute PRMSL_218_MSL of the variable nc_file which, of course, doesn't make any sense.

It seems to me that you didn't follow one of the multiple guides available on the website (http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/ <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/>). Please, try to do that before writing again to ncl-talk.

Good luck

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista <http://guidocioni.altervista/>.org